Tuesday 13 September 2016

BB-8 droid Chiffon Cake


I made this BB-8 cute robot from chiffon cake for dearest Joash and one of my closest mummy friends! Previous years I made the Lego and Transformers Chiffon Cakes. In fact the Lego chiffon was one of my first cakes when I started out so there's a lot of nostalgia and I had to try making BB-8 when he requested it. I realise I still haven't posted my Transformers cake! =p

The BB-8 shape is obtained by combining two bowl or ball pan cakes, and the top was from a 5-cm cake pop mold. It was quite a pain to cut and stick on all the details from sheet cakes as you can imagine, as there were no cutters for the patterns! =p Just imaging lots of small stripes and circles.

It was a labour of love and thankful cake for well-received! May you grow up to be a wonderful boy who loves God!

With lots of love,
Susanne



New cookbook Deco Chiffon Cakes, launching 23rd Sept in bookstores!
For those who preordered, do come collect your copy now! Those who opted for delivery, it's already on the way to your house =)


My video tutorial on making a cute character chiffon posted on TODAY's fb page with a shout-out for the new cookbook at the end. Read more here on Creative chiffon feature in TODAY. Thankful to God for everything.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Susanne,
    Do you conduct classes? If you do I would really want to sign up your deco chiffon baking classes!
    Look forward to your reply! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not yet.. due to the kids.. thanks for your interest =)

      Delete
  2. Denaro Susanne,
    May i ha ve the reeipt for this cake. I reali need To replicate it for mi birthday’s Sun.
    I live in Italia and i have all your books.
    Thank you

    Simona

    ReplyDelete