Tuesday 9 January 2018

Choo-Choo Train Macarons (Italian method class)

I am conducting another Italian method macaron class with ToTT and chose the train design since some people requested for it.


This design is taken from my Creative Baking: Macarons book.



I placed the level of difficulty of this class at intermediate as some basic knowledge and experience of macaron making would be helpful (although not absolutely necessary) before attending this class. I aim to focus on how to make a few or many different colours from a single batch of batter and how to pipe complex shapes such as the train locomotive and carriages. I will cover the use of royal icing for decorating the shells post baking as well. The filling is kept at a basic type (orange dark chocolate ganache) due to the focus on technique of making the shells.

Please click on this link to register for the class which will be held at the Suntec studio.

With love,
Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment